Monday, January 21, 2013

Yes to...Carrots!

I recently realized I was almost out of a few beauty necessities and ran to Target to stock up!  I needed a shampoo, conditioner, body cream, and face cream for day.  When it comes to my body/skin care I make a good effort to use more natural products.  Of course natural doesn't always mean the ingredients are great for you either so I also research ingredients and make a good attempt at purchasing "GOOD FOR ME" products, because I know what works for me.  It took years of trial and error but it was very much worth it. I recommend others do the same but I know it takes patience so I don't blame anyone who doesn't.

The Yes to...line I have dabbled in before.  I purchased the Yes to Carrot Body Butter and the Yes to Cucumbers calming day time moisturizer before and really enjoyed both.  I had some issues using the facial moisturizer at first but once I figured it out it was a really pleasant product and it made my skin look great!  I have also used the Cucumber and Blueberry Facial Towelettes.  Both were very nice but I remember preferring the Cucumber formula.  I knew I wanted to continue to try other products from this line.  Just as an overview:  They have Yes to Carrots to nourish (dry skin), Yes to Cucumbers to soothe and calm (sensitive skin), Yes to Blueberries to help with signs of aging (mature skin), Yes to Tomatoes to help clear skin (oily/combo and acneic skin), Yes to Baby Carrots for baby skin, and the new one is Yes to Grapefruits to correct and repair (uneven skintone, lack of brightness).  You can check out their products and company info at www.yestocarrots.com.  I usually purchase their products at Target.

So onto my purchases.  I purchased Yes to Carrots Scalp Relief Shampoo and Conditioner.  Not to be mistaken with the original shampoo and conditioner but these are NEW! (Blushingpixie, one of my favorite youtube gurus uses their original shampoo and conditioner and she loves them as well.  I got the idea to try out the hair care from this line from her. Link to her channel...http://www.youtube.com/user/blushingpixie)  They promise to soothe a dry, flaky scalp in 7 days!  It nourishes the scalp, tea tree soothes and calms, and as a result you should have healthy gorgeous hair!  Well...I have to say I am impressed with this stuff.  I have fine hair that struggles with dryness and oiliness and it is a B*&^% to deal with!  Most natural hair products made my hair feel more dry and the synthetic products were just weighing my hair down.  I find that these products do make my hair feel smoother and easier to manage.  And my scalp and hair feel tamed and well balanced now.  I am VERY impressed and have not felt this way about hair products for over 3 years.

The Amazing shampoo and conditioner!

I also purchased the Yes to Carrots Nourishing kit.  This kit includes the Super Rich Body Butter, the Rich Moisture Day Cream, and the Exfoliating Cleanser.  The body butter I enjoy and have previously used.  The day cream I am in love with.  The cleanser is the only item I am still uncertain of.  The body butter keeps me moisturized and comfortable throughout the day.  The day cream was something my skin had really been craving.  My skin has been SO DRY this winter.  I try to balance my skincare out by not overdoing it with moisture because I easily will.  I use heavier creams at night and try not to over do it during the day.  But my skin has been craving moisture so much this season and this day cream is a heavier nourishing cream without feeling heavy on the skin.  It sets really well and makeup goes on smoothly.  This cream does not include a sunscreen but I enjoy this for now as my primer and foundations often do.  I know I can use this cream day or night if needed so right now this fits perfectly into my daily face routine.  The cleanser is the only one I am not convinced of yet.  The smell seems a bit more off to me, which is not a big deal as these scents never linger any how.  But I feel the cleanser itself leaves a residue on my face that I don't enjoy at the moment.  I feel the need to use my toner right away after.  The small bamboo pieces are not rough on my skin but I am very careful about the use of scrubs on my face as they can often break me out or scratch my face.  Some products don't work out well as a scrub because the ingredient used may not be ground up evenly which can lead to scratches (often undetectable) on the face.  Any how, I will continue to use this here and there and see if it grows on me but for now I have a daily cleanser that I very much enjoy.

The Nourishing kit



The Body Butter (top) and the Day Cream (bottom)

Overall I love these products and have been so impressed with the line.  I have to say the hair products are the big winner for me this time around but I will continue to try other products from this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment